Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Scary or Not?

After watching the first exorcist movie and being asked if it was still scary, my answer is no. The reason why I say no is because it was really build with any suspense. Don’t get me wrong, there were some scary scenes but not enough to make the movie overall, scary. One thing that didn’t make the movie scary for me was the script language. When the devil curses and everyone, it made it the movie funnier than scary because it didn’t make the devil seem scary and dominate as it’s portrayed to be. I couldn’t take the character serious when doing so, especially when it does awkward action such as getting up and tell the priest to, “ F*** her”. Pretty weird. Another reason why I don’t think it as scary anymore like it was in the past is now our technology is so advanced that all the scary movies that come out now are beyond impressive and these new movies make The Exorcist look like a comedy movie.
In order to have mad that movie scarier, there should have been more supernatural things to happen to people. For example more ghostly encounters or weird things happening like openings of windows or whispers when no one’s around and things like that. They should have made the possessed child more physical and dangerous to deal with.  All they did in the move was talk to it most of the time. The exorcism that took place was plain and boring. All she did was squirm around in the bed back and forth. That’s nowhere near being scary. For being the devil, it didn’t do anything to show its powers. In my opinion if you have an encounter with the devil I know for a fact it will not be pleasant. The movie made it seem as if he was weak and couldn’t do anything. I didn’t really like it. It just wasn’t scary enough for me. The thing that scared me was the thought of that happening to real people in real life. The movie shows a little bit of how people get possessed and it scared me that it can happen to anyone. The fact of that being true was the only thing that made that movie scary, but if I were to put myself in the position of being in the 1700’s and not seeing the technologic movies that we have today, then I would have thought The Exorcist would have been scary because of the visual effects and the fact that is something new that a movie hasn’t tried. Since a live in a new generation it wasn’t nearly as scary as the movies I’ve seen

No comments:

Post a Comment